Pass UL 9540A with Fike System Design & Pre-Testing
Learn how our Fike can help develop a solution to optimize the protection of your energy storage system against thermal runaway.
Save Time & Money with a Fike Battery Hazard Analysis
A Fike Battery Hazard Analysis (BHA) will prove that the spread of heat to adjacent cells or modules is contained, and the accompanying Fike BHA report will:
- Provide empirical data that the ESS will pass UL 9540A
- Document the suppression system, including amount of agent, nozzle type, and more
- Identify the number of cells and modules exhibiting thermal runaway
- Measure the peak amount of heat release
- Ensure wall surface temperature maintains below 97℃ and measures heat flux
- Visualize the test in easy-to-read diagrams, graphs and pictures
- And much more
Here’s How a Fike Battery Hazard Analysis Works:
- Contact Fike to determine your goals with the BHA
- Work with Fike to help design a fire protection system (see below)
Ship your ESS unit equipped with the fire suppression system (if applicable) to our large-scale testing facility
- The BHA will begin by heating one battery cell to the point in which thermal runaway occurs
- The fire suppression system will activate (may run multiple tests with different solutions for comparison)
- The ESS will be observed for several days to ensure reignition does not occur
- You will then receive the BHA report within just a few weeks of testing
Need System Design Support?
Whether you are in the process of engineering a new ESS solution or are looking to retrofit an existing ESS with a safer fire protection system, Fike is uniquely capable of helping you meet your safety goals.
We can work with your team to design a fire protection system that accounts for all of the unique variables within your ESS, including its volume and dimensions, its number of cells per module and modules per unit, and its battery type and chemistry.
Our team will help you run flow calculations and flow rates to ensure the agent is delivered reliably into the module, will determine which Fike detection devices are ideal for you from both speed and cost perspectives, and much more.